If you become blind in an accident, the remaining 4 senses take up that brain space that was originally used by sight.
There’s limited real estate in the brain and the phrase: use it or lose it applies.
I wonder what would happen if I stopped memorizing the cheapest vegetable prices and used that brain space for dreaming up creative ways to market and sell the somatic work I’m meant to share with the world.
There’s a limit to how much money you can save. If you spend $300 on groceries a week, the most you can save with all the coupons on earth is $300.
But when you focus on EARNING money, you can earn $300 or $3000 of $30,000 extra. There’s no limit.
So turn your brain space towards GENERATING money instead of saving money. Help close the wage gap!!
- Be kind and loving when the feisty survivor in you, tells to drive across town you can save 50 cents on edamame. Tell her she can be scared or angry for as long as she needs to. But that you won’t be driving across town.
- Write a list of 50 FUN and EASY ways to make more money. Here are some examples:
- Coach clients on sacred sxuality using marco polo ONLY
- A service where you watch a sad movie with your client and cry together
- A new job that pays more and is more fun
- TikTok account where you squish different kinds of bread into your face
- Ask for a raise
Let’s change the wage gap, one brain at a time.
PS These kinds of patriarchal trauma impact your body and your brain. And if you want to help your clients remove this trauma from both their bodies and their brain, the Advanced Somatic Group is designed specifically for you!
What makes this different from other places you can learn somatic techniques:
- There’s an emphasis on being trauma informed somatics
- There’s an emphasis on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion informed somatics
And one unexpected benefit is that it’s a small group where you’ll get connected to other badass practitioners with similar values and even make friends.
If you want to learn more about the Advanced Somatics Group, check it out here.