Bragging helps chronic pain because:
- While some of the pain comes from the body itself, from the injury or the autoimmune disease…
- The rest of the pain comes from your client’s thoughts about their chronic pain. Worries about it. From their dread of pain the next day.
This is not about skipping over the grief of a diagnosis or an illness.
Butttt there might be some neural pathways your clients wanna change!!
- I’ll never get better
- I’ll be in pain forever
- I’m missing out on so much because of this pain
Research shows the only way to get rid of negative neural pathways is to replace them with positive neural pathways.
To create these positive neural pathways BRAG ABOUT YOUR BODY.
And have your clients brag too.
- My body has healed every paper cut I’ve ever gotten
- I’m really good at breathing
- My ears are so good at listening to Follow Me by DJ Shark over and over to help soothe my nervous system
- My digestive system is KICKING ASS
- I love lying in bed with the curtains closed listening to Andrea Gibson on the We Can Do Hard Things podcast
- I’m really good at masterbating (if that’s true for you)
To start creating those neural pathways email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a comment and tell me ONE BRAG about your body. You gotta try this shit yourself before you do it with clients ;).
I know you don’t wanna do this and think thinking or journalling is enough.
But actually send me a message because when you share this with even ONE PERSON it super strengthens the neural pathway!
You got this!
PS If you’re in Toronto come to the Wisdom of Pain Workshop. We ended up postponing it to Sat September 23rd. We’d freaking LOVE to have you!
Learn more here :)!
PSS I’m offering the BIGGEST FREE PROGRAM I’ve ever offered… Feminist Somatics: How to Help ANY Client Achieve Any GOAL!
- Somatic goal setting
- How to help your clients complete the stress cycle
- To support your clients to remove patriarchal programming from their bodies and brains
- How to make achieving their goals FUN and EASY